Sunday, April 14, 2024

Cucumber Red Onion Salad

This is excellent! I first ate it at GOODSTUFF SMOKEHOUSE in BLACKSTONE MA

I made it last night and I added raisins as well which plumped up in the marinade. I also made cornbread baked in my skillet. ENJOY!

I peeled and sliced 6 cukes into silver dollars. You can also use a slicer attachment in a Cuisianrt or a mandoline. Everything marinates and wilts and it's fabulous! The sugar salt vinegar trio is perfect.

 https://www.thecookierookie.com/cucumber-salad-recipe/

  • Cucumbers: Start with fresh, juicy cucumbers, cut into slices.
  • Red Onion: Red onion has a nice bite that “spices” this salad up. We like cutting them into half moons, but you can chop or dice onions if you prefer.
  • Apple Cider Vinegar: This is the base of our vinegar salad dressing. It’s tangy and slightly sweet, and less acidic than some other vinegars, which is perfect for a light salad.
  • Sugar: Add just a little bit of granulated sugar into the dressing for sweetness.
  • Water: Water fills out the dressing. No oil needed here!
  • Salt + Pepper: Some salt and pepper to gently season the dressing.

No comments: