Thursday, May 27, 2010

Full Moon

Last night a storm cloud was lit up by lightning and beside it was a clear full yellow moon and stars! I went to sleep after ten but at 1:30 AM I woke to Lily whimpering to go out. It was thundering and lightning and raining hard. I let her into the garden on the long leash while I stood crouching at the garden door. I watched her circling. When she was done she hopped back inside soaking wet. I toweled her off and we both went back to bed. I was awake for a while thinking, swimming through words and images of my previous day hoping I would fall back to sleep. This morning it is 20 degrees cooler and I have opened all the windows inviting the cool air in to chase away yesterdays heat and humidity. The warm air is rapidly rising up through the house and the cool air is settling in.

No comments: