Friday, October 05, 2012

Friday October 5th

I walked Lily towards the park and ran into my former neighbor Sylvia. We had a visit with our dogs meeting nose to nose. Her dog is a brown-eyed Terrier, a Toto dog. We sat in her backyard and she gave Lily some water in a metal bowl and a dog biscuit. It was a treat to see her again. When I got to Turbesi park Lily had a blast chasing the tennis ball. She spotted a big blue blimp in the sky and barked like crazy. I wondered what she was thinking she was seeing? What the heck is that? A big blue duck? I took her swimming behind Harris pond. On the way home I freaked when I saw a brown foot dangling near the wheel well of a big white pickup truck, but after gasping in panic I realized it was a Halloween stunt. Very creepy.

It's really hot out. But I have no idea how we will keep warm this winter. But we've managed for 17 years wearing hats sweaters and layers of fleece and long underwear indoors for warmth in winter.

No comments: