Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Kaleidoscope of Kali



My husband reminds me all the time you're a traitor to your class, the worst sin imaginable. I am beginning to see what he means. But I think I am a traitor to the norms and habits of our crazy and strange society.

Last night I said to my husband. The black cloud has lifted a little. I spent the morning looking at pulp art.

I am shifting into transmit mode. I swam at midday yesterday instead of my religious habit of 4:30 PM. These are signs of the shift. I have opened all the doors and windows and turned on all of the fans. I am seduced by images and music. I have forgotten about coffee or tea and breakfast. I am reading. My thoughts are racing but I am taking notes. I should read my transmitty energy-inspired notes in receive mode!

In a few hours all the things that have been plaguing me won't matter. Last night I went to bed excited about waking up. I woke at 4AM ready for life. Good think my wallet is always empty otherwise I might get very distracted by societies baubles. Last night we went to Wal*Mart to by two boxes of my favorite black Micro-Uniball 5mm drawing and writing pens. I also bought a head of gorgeous green celery and white tuna shrink-wrapped together in a 4 pack for five bucks. What a scary place!!! Meanwhile I live like a monk in a bomb shelter. Actually that is not completely true. I love my city where I walk my dog and say "hi" to people as I pick up trash.

My job is to stay grounded and keep on with my kaleidoscope of kali; a life writing, painting, dancing, baking, photographing, blowing the baritone saxophone, swimming, walking, listening to people, reading, practice bravery by learning new songs.
and occasional vacuuming.
visit
Kali
I googled the phrase kaleidoscope of kali as I often google phrases in my head to see what the genie box has to say and I found this blog and landed on writing I loved:

There are so many wonderful movements happening in the world right now - people making new kinds of art, people taking control of technology, new kinds of sharing economies and an enormous amount of social curation of all these things. And yet, there is some kind of melancholy lurking nearby, a deep disconnect that I have felt. Perhaps you have felt the same.

All of this human creation…. art, invention, and commerce - is a sort of attempt to get away from something, something very fundamental. If you are not close to the underlying basis of reality ( not God per se, just the laws of Nature perhaps) you will feel the same melancholy. For me that peace and harmony comes when I am studying the history of science and mathematics.
Kali& the Kaleidoscope

No comments: