Tuesday, October 19, 2021

The Neighborhood

I got a shot in each arm last night. My flu shot and my Covid booster. I'm grateful. One of our former neighbors was on the cover of the newspaper yesterday. We knew he had big mental problems. We heard his rants from his porch day and night for two years. He was like a neighborhood roommate. According to the newspaper cover story he threatened a couple and a police officer with a large knife. This landed him in prison while they figure out what's going on. I hope he gets mental health help. I am relieved that he wasn't killed during the encounter.

We have other neighborhood problems that are a tangle of knots. Rapunzel and her steady stream of crime boys are doing a swift business selling drugs and cars. I wish they'd get hauled away except that she is nice and her children are adorable. One can blame it all on the absentee landlords and dimly lit architecture that perpetually invites crime. For 26 years we have seen the neighborhood property used for nefarious activity and before that it was an even bigger problem.

No comments: