Saturday, September 21, 2024

Skin

I ran into Sherri on my walk and she mentioned she had a pre-cancerous spot on her nose removed a while ago. "But it came back," she said, pointing to the bridge of her nose. "Another friend of mine had a cancerous spot on her nose removed recently," I replied. "She is fine and plans to wear a big hat in the sun. Have you called your doctor?"

"No, I'm scared. I'm scared they'll cut off my nose."

"They won't cut off your nose! They will take a look and find out what's going on."

"If that was pre-cancer then this must be cancer, right?"

"Not necessarily," I said, not really knowing anything but wanting to reassure her. "I know it's scary but if it's a problem it could spread. Best to catch it now. I wouldn't want to lose you. I know how frightening it is. Would you like me to call your doctor? Where do you go?"

"To Thundermist."

"My friend Alice is a medical receptionist there. Do you know Alice?"

"Yes, I love Alice."

"Go talk to Alice. She will help you. Please?"

No comments: