Saturday, October 05, 2024

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake recipes

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/glazed-lemon-poppy-seed-cake.html

https://sweetdashofsass.com/2020/07/grandmas-poppyseed-cake/ 

I have to dig out Lorna Sass' lemon poppy seed cake

Lorna Sass' Complete Vegetarian Kitchen: Where Good Flavors and Good Health Meet

 

The author of Cooking Under Pressure presents a innovative assortment of 250 dairy-free and egg-free vegetarian recipes that utilize an array of whole grains, beans, fresh fruits and vegetables, and herbs and spices to create such tasty dishes as Thai Vegetable Soup, Tarragon-Scented Succotash, and Lentil-Quinoa Salad with Curry Vinaigrette. Reprint. 50,000 first printing.

 

Reviewed in the United States on May 24, 2000
I've been a vegan for 10 years, but her Lemon Poppy Seed Cake is the fluffiest vegan cake I've ever tasted. I also love the Nut Pie Pastry! Not only do her deserts taste great, I like it that she uses as much whole wheat flour as possible and not too much oil or sugar.
I own a lot of vegan cookbooks, but almost always use this book, because her recipes always taste great! The only thing we haven't been happy with is that we don't like our food very seasoned. But I found out that even when I leave out the ginger, tarragon, salt and pepper, the meals still taste great. Lorna Sass is very good at combining the right kind of vegetables to create great taste. I use the pressure cooker for most of her recipes and love it that I can just throw some ingredients in it and have a great meal when I open the cooker again! We love her Barbecue-Style Tempeh Sauce, the Chickpea Vegetable Medley, the Tarragon Risotto with Mushrooms and Leeks (wow!) all the squash dishes and I could go on and on. I have never made so many recipes from a single cookbook! I'm also getting a lot of complements from meat eaters that usually don't really like to taste anything I make! I love this cookbook!

 

No comments: