Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Blueberries, Blackberries, and a Lipstick Tattoo

I went into the backyard at dusk and the blueberry bush was drooping with berries. I feasted, imagining making hand-cranked blueberry ice cream with the neighborhood kids. I just might have to surprise them and get some cream and ice and salt and invite them to make it in the backyard!

Yesterday while walking Honey on the fire-road at the edge of the cemetery I spotted blackberries. Honey and I both feasted! She loves eating berries off the bushes and off the ground! Blackberries are so delicious! They look like those gigantic black ants. They dye my lips purple. Nature's lipstick!

Speaking of lipstick, my Grandmother Sophie would say it's nice to buy a lipstick at Woolworth's to cheer yourself up. I love what lipstick does for my face - it's the only makeup I wear, and it changes everything including my mood! I've imagined getting a tattoo of dark red on my lips, but that would ruin the fun, and probably hurt like hell. I once put on lipstick just before bed even though my bedroom is pitch black as I sleep! I wanted to feel beautiful in the dark! In the morning I laughed when I saw that the white pillowcases had lipstick smears on them.

1 comment:

Rachel Nguyen said...

At some point in my life, I became a lipstick fiend. I almost never leave the house without it. Alas, Woolworth's is no more.... but CVS carries lipsticks.

When I had a cosmetics home party last year, it turned out that I was allergic to their skin care line. So as the hostess, I had earned $200 worth of free stuff. I bought lipstick with it, in shades that I wouldn't normally wear, like fire engine red.

I have seen you wearing lipstick. You look hot! LOL