Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Fish Out of Water

In this hot and humid weather I like to hose myself down with cold water in the backyard and then work at my desk soaking wet in front of the fan. Unfortunately I generate so much body heat that my bra mildews in an hour! But it's still worth it to be wet! I took Honey swimming in the park pond today. I love to see her shape when she comes out all shiny and wet. She is so sleek and trim. Some of the kids in the park were on a field trip to swim and picnic for the day. They were part of an inner-city day camp from South Providence. One boy, seeing that Honey was wet, said he had never seen a dog swim and asked me if I could get Honey to swim again. So we went to the part of the pond where Honey is allowed, found a stick, and he threw it for her a few times. Honey put on a real show, swimming in circles and retrieving the stick! The boy was amazed. When she got out I showed him her webbed feet, and how she uses them to swim.

No comments: