Monday, January 23, 2012

Dr. Archie Keigan

Throughout his career, he provided free care to needy patients. There was no need for his patients to fill out lengthy forms to document the need. Keigan knew his patients on a personal level, and he didn’t need paperwork to know when a helping hand was in order.

He did a tremendous amount of good for the community, and he never worried about how much money he was going to make. He cared more about the community than he did about monetary gain. That's a quality that has been lost in this country. Keigan was a man whose heart belonged to his patients.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to be a general practitioner. I've never regretted it. It's been real fun.
-Dr. Archie Keigan

It sounds foolish, but I enjoy it all: helping in surgery, delivering babies, helping sick people. I wouldn't want to do anything else.
-Dr. Archie Keigan

No comments: