Monday, January 16, 2012

Woonsocket's Finest Cobbler!

Pierannunzi Shoe Rebuilding
(the coolest place!)
534 Elm St, Woonsocket, RI (401)767-2948

Hours: Mon, Tue, Fri, 8:30am - 2pm; Thu, 8:30am - 5pm; Sat, 8:30am - noon; Wed, Sun, closed.

Pierannunzi Shoe Rebuilding is a small mom and pop shop that was originally established in 1902 by Carmillo Pierannunzi. It was subsequently handed down to his son, Carmello Jr., who in 1947 hired Norman Decelles. In 1993, Norman took over as the shop's new owner and although he is now retired, he still opens his shop five days a week. After more than 100 years at his initial location on Court Street, Norman moved to Elm Street due to the schedule demolition of the old building. Pierannunzi's repairs shoes and handbags - mainly leather - and offers shoe shines while you wait. The equipment is kept in fine working condition, and Norman can still give the best shine in town. He states that as long as he still feels good (he is now 71 years old), he will continue to open the shop. He began shining shoes when he was just 13 years old; "It's something I've done all my life... I love my work." When he goes, he states, the name will go with him.
-Woonsocket Patch


I often feel like a horse in need of a farrier, I walk so many miles with my dog. Normand has built my Dansko clogs four times over fifteen years! He's a genius with repairs and he loves Lily.

No comments: