Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Emotional Center

When I have to deal with the medical world like with my animals all information goes first to my emotional center and usually simultaneously shuts off my brain. So I take notes (keeping a dog or cat diary) and sputter and forget my questions and sequence of my story and feel like a complete fool. My vet may even recognize this, he's been my vet for 32 years. He is calm and smart and scientific and not overtly emotional which is perfect for helping me see the issue at hand for what it is. That said, I start to tremble with responsibility and fears that I am a terrible person and negligent pet owner. I shouldn't go online and read eight-thousand diagnosis. I just bought 'buffered aspirin' for Lily who may have injured her back. She is resting now and will have only minimal outings for five days to allow the injury to heal. She's receiving lots of tender loving care, hugs and massages while napping on her big bed.

2 comments:

Nin Andrews said...

Oh, poor thing. Both of you. Sending healing thoughts!

Urban Mermaid said...

Thanks Nin. Lily's resting on a pile of dog cushions and the aspirin has begun helping her already. We took a short outing and she was wagging and pulling me! So I am starting to believe the healing is underway. Thank you!
Emily