Saturday, December 15, 2012

Neil Young

I have so many opinions about everything it just comes out during my music. It's a battle for me. I try not to be preachy. That's a real danger.
― Neil Young

In my life I have had various health threats: polio, seizures, a brain aneurysm. None of these things has really changed me much, although it is hard to say for sure. These are events that are part of my life. They make me who I am. I am thankful for them. They are scary.
― Neil Young, Waging Heavy Peace: A Hippie Dream

I do enjoy writing, and I hope someone gets something interesting out of this book. I already have. Now, If I ever have to write a book that is not about me, I may be totally stumped and have writer's block. We will see. Writing is very convenient, has a low expense and is a great way to pass the time. I highly recommend it to any old rocker who is out of cash and doesn't know what to do next. You could hire someone to write it for you if you can't write it yourself. That doesn't seem to matter. Just don't hire some sweaty hack who asks you questions for years and twists them into his own vision of what is right or wrong. Try to avoid doing that.
― Neil Young, Waging Heavy Peace: A Hippie Dream

No comments: