Monday, December 17, 2012

Leonard Cohen

I don't really understand that process called reincarnation but if there is such a thing I'd like to come back as my daughter's dog.
-Leonard Cohen

I didn't want to write for pay. I wanted to be paid for what I write.
-Leonard Cohen

I don't think you can write novels on the road. You need a certain stability.
-Leonard Cohen

I read with some amusement my reputation as a ladies' man. My friends are amused by that, too, because they know my life.
-Leonard Cohen

I was 15 when I first became deeply touched by the rhythm and structure of words.
-Leonard Cohen

If I knew where the good songs came from, I'd go there more often.
-Leonard Cohen

Most of the time one is discouraged by the work, but now and again by some grace something stands out and invites you to work on it, to elaborate it or animate it in some way. It's a mysterious process.
-Leonard Cohen

The older I get, the surer I am that I'm not running the show.
-Leonard Cohen

We used to play music for fun. Much more than now. Now nobody picks up a guitar unless they're paid for it.
-Leonard Cohen

We're in a world where there's famine and hunger and people are dodging bullets and having their nails pulled out in dungeons so it's very hard for me to place any high value on the work that I do to write a song. Yeah, I work hard but compared to what?
-Leonard Cohen

No comments: