Friday, December 07, 2012

Bob Dylan

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.

Basically you have to suppress your own ambitions in order to be who you need to be.

Colleges are like old-age homes, except for the fact that more people die in colleges.

Here's the thing with me and the religious thing. This is the flat-out truth: I find the religiosity and philosophy in the music. I don't find it anywhere else.

I'm inconsistent, even to myself.

It's hard to speculate what tomorrow may bring.

Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.

When you feel in your gut what you are and then dynamically pursue it - don't back down and don't give up - then you're going to mystify a lot of folks.

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.

You can never be wise and be in love at the same time.

If you try to be anyone but yourself, you will fail; if you are not true to your own heart, you will fail. Then again, there's no success like failure.

Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the past
I know every scene by heart, they all went by so fast.

― Bob Dylan

No comments: