Saturday, October 19, 2013

Immersed and Engaged

Last night we picked raspberries and fallen pears from the neighborhood. When we got home I steamed up the sliced pears and we ate them with raspberries and home-sauteed salted green plantains.

I write down my dreams and early morning thoughts in the shower while drinking coffee. Yes, the pad gets wet but it's worth it.

My antennae works best underwater. I even have an umbrella-maker as an ancestor.

As a kid I made my own paper dolls. I drew them and cut them out and played with them just like Barbie dolls. They were emotionally and sexually charged pieces of paper. Maybe an early love of the theater and inventive simplicity was hatching.

Learn everything you can about symbolism, and then forget it all when interpreting your dreams.
- Carl Jung

Learn everything about music, art, theater, poetry, and cooking and for get it while you are engaged with it.

No comments: