Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Tucked-in by Sunset

God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches you by means of opposites, so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.
– Rumi

Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.
-Virginia Satir

If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.
-Jackie Mason

I am watching a bucket-of-dye-black hair hip-wiggling woman move into the Rosy building opposite us. She is bending over gazing into her bedroom set mirror to pick her teeth exposing her delightful tramp stamp. It's like Hopper painting meets Hieronymus Bosch coming to life, in my Wizard of Oz studio picture window.

Everything is a luscious lead to scribble about, in my current heart and brain state. I am exhausted by the end of the day. Tucked in with Catcher in the Rye by sunset.

No comments: