Monday, March 10, 2014

Bits

We turned the clocks forward on Sunday
I am no longer virtuous at 5 am
I am now late.

Cedar, Juniper and Elm trees
releasing their pollen
I feel you! I shout
snow is falling, I am ecstatic

The advice I gave him
I tried for myself.
in November and December when you want the pain to stop so badly
you wish yourself a death,
feed neighbors loaves of bread and hot soup

Baking loaves alone
in the big cold empty church basement kitchen
warming it up with a savory scent
attracting hungry people.

He wants to put up a fence to protect his three cats from his
neighbors dogs.
Go ahead, put up a barrier, you are not a bad neighbor,
Plant a vine to hide the chicken wire, I suggested
Once again, I should take my own advice

When she stayed over
I hid the newspaper
because a plane had crashed

She flew on a plane from Boston to Washington
just to learn how to bake a pie.
but won't visit me

Lent
My husband and I laugh,
It's been a decade of giving things up

No comments: