Thursday, March 06, 2014

A Nourishing Muse

It is 13 degrees out and the sunshine is glorious. I love it when it is dry cold. When it is moist cold I can always get warmed up in the boiler room, or the soup kitchen or the public library. Mostly I walk miles with Lily to warm up.

I realize why am I intrigued with drug abuse and murder cases in the daily newspapers. I imagine I could've ended up there had I not been lucky to have amazing grandparents who loved me. I still have a lot of rage against an abusive addicted mother. I have compassion for the people who don't get lucky and end up swallowed up by drugs and rage which leads to crime and imprisonment. I wish all the inmates could discover poetry. Don't laugh, I really do think we can heal the world with bread and poems and Labradors!

We have to do what we love because it feeds us in infinite ways, even when there is no money coming in. We are still paid well by the cosmos.

No comments: