Sunday, December 13, 2015

Rescued and Appreciated

On my walk yesterday I spotted a beautiful headboard and foot board being thrown out. I spoke to the neighbors on the street hoping they would rescue it before the rain. I told my husband about it and he was very interested. So I set out on my walk this morning to see if it was still there. It was! I wondered how I could get it home. I ran into Karl who has a truck and he and his daughter Morgan offered to help me. I ran into Celeste as she was jogging by and she suggested I use my yellow fleece scarf as a buffer to prevent the two wooden pieces from scratching on the ride home and it worked. The woman who lived there came over to say hello. I told her this matches the vanity we have from my husband's grandfather. "It's from the thirties, a waterfall style or something like that," she said. She seemed happy to know her old bed was going to be rescued and appreciated. I suggested to Karl that maybe I could squeeze into the extended cab with Lily and Karl and Morgan ride in the front for the mile ride. It worked out perfectly. We made it over to my house and I thanked them profusely. "That's what friends are for," Karl said smiling.

No comments: