Thursday, April 07, 2016

Finding a Phone

Last night on my walk I ran into one of my pals and I walked much of her neighborhood over again to chat with her. On my way home I spotted a small black flip-phone on the ground near where my friend Peter usually parks. I opened it. Sure enough it was his. I tried knocking on his door and the neighbor's door with no luck so I carried it home in my pocket. After supper I put it in a big yellow padded envelope with Peter's name and a note written in a fat sharpie. My husband and I drove to Peter's house and found his sister-in-law Linda in her garden. "Hello," I said trying not to scare her. "I found Peter's phone in the street and I wanted to make sure he knows," I said. "I put it in a bright yellow padded envelope on the mat where he'll see it."
"May I give you a hug?" Linda said.
We hugged and I was surprised by her response.
"You thought you would be scolded," my husband said.
"Yes, I did," I admitted.
"You think everyone hates you and thinks you're a terrible person."
"Exactly," I replied, laughing.

No comments: