Saturday, July 30, 2016

Crescent Moon

I love to wash my clothes before bed and wake up and hang them on the line at four AM. That's what I just did. The air is damp and cool coming in from the fan. I have the blues radios station playing and the cat is on the windowsill. Even the drug dealers are asleep.

Yesterday the Bergeron-Hogan family kids told me they're getting a working fridge today. I am so happy! Are you going to have a fridge party?

"You guys look like you've been camping!" You're all chewed up by mosquitoes. Maybe we can get some OFF at Joblot until your screens are repaired. I take it back the drug dealers ARE awake. I just saw a fancy Lexus drive in.

We used to have a kid above the variety store that lived on his porch all summer. He made an outdoor bedroom. He had his music houseplants TV out there all summer. I've seen guys have a cookout in their yard with TV to watch the game. When I'm outside I don't want those things I want the outside!

Do you ever go camping? Rose asked? No. Once we went camping and we didn't have a tent so we borrowed one from a friend. We rowed boats out to an island. When we arrived we opened the tent and it was all stinky from cat pee. So we couldn't use it. When we lay down the mosquitoes nearly killed us so we had to sleep sitting up and the wind kept the bugs away. But Ruby our puppy was unable to hide so she was getting bitten and barking keeping the whole Island awake. Nature nightmare. Now we camp out by switching our heads and feet on the bed or sleeping on the carpet under the piano.

Someone asked me if there's poop bags in the park. No but I think first we need sunscreen dispensers like they have in NYC parks.

About dogs in the park, I bet we could get the recycled bags from Price Rite and Stop and shop and make some kind of poop bag dispenser. I could talk to Liz. It sounds like a scout project. Anyway the park is something to build on.

Maybe I can get cream from Wrights Dairy and make ice cream with the kids. They are good kids. Or pizza on the grill.
Ice is better than fire when it's 86 degrees and humid. I love these kids.

I feel like I am in New Orleans after the hurricane.
"You can't save the world but you can save the neighborhood!"

No comments: