Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dirt Bike Bikini

Yesterday I entered the park via the fire road and I was nearly sideswiped by a dirt-biker that zoomed up the berm. Then he wove in and around the trees. I found the park warden in his glow yellow t-shirt having Italian ices. He agreed this was very bad and called the cops.

Then as I approached the monument a woman in a bikini staggered over to meet my dog.
What's her name? She was high as a kite and said she was going to take my dog under the sprinklers. We can't take her in there, it's against the rules.
They'll let me, she said.
I'll take her home for water and a hose off. I live on this street. I said.
I live in a tent in the woods, she said, sitting back down. I imagined her dressing in her bikini and walking to the park.

One of the things I love about my city is the unexpected.

No comments: