Sunday, October 22, 2017

Romeo

Romeo is a hunk of precious dog love. He is so smart and eager to learn. I fill my nailing apron with treats and we set out to walk the beat. Downtown Woonsocket. He has never lived in a city but he is adapting fast. He was afraid of free standing signs, orange cones with caution tape, and garbage trucks but with a little kibble nibble we have worked through nearly all of these things.

He is excellent with people and other dogs. I imagine he was kept outside for his first year and tossed beef bones as his teeth are worn down. I give him tennis balls for playing fetch and Nylabones to save the remains of his teeth.

I imagine the owners had outdoor parties and visitors and lots of dogs running around. They gave him his shots and fed him well. Perhaps he freaked over hunters firing shots or firecrackers and escaped his yard and got injured and hid. Someone saved him and brought him to the rescue league in Georgia. That's my theory anyway.

This morning we went downtown and he loved it. Nothing beats a mile of good sniffing. When we got home I fed him breakfast while I washed the big pile of dishes. He's napping now.

No comments: