Saturday, October 28, 2017

Today

Today Bill and I played fetch with Romeo in the ball field at Turbesi Park. He quickly understood if he dropped the ball we'd throw it for him. He ran like crazy and after a few throws he flopped down with the ball and was biting at the grass surrounding the ball. He loves this. It's a way of eviscerating an imagined animal.

We ran into Erin with her Rosie and Annabelle and the dogs were chilled out and happy to meet. Then we walked to the river behind the pond and played fetch with Romeo close to the shore so he could dip into the water bit by bit. I threw one ball off leash about ten feet out and Romeo had his first moment of swimming. He bobbed for the tennis ball a few times but he did okay. He hung onto the ball most of the way home. We saw two sun dogs in the sky. I showed a woman and her two sons how to spot them. "Right above and between those two trees!" I offered them my sun glasses to see.

No comments: