Friday, October 27, 2017

Sinking In

My friend Peter is afraid of dogs the way I am afraid of receive-mode. His fear of canines creates tension that can frighten a dog. I saw him yesterday and he consciously tried not to be afraid of my dog. He stuck his hands out in a bright gesture that caused Romeo to retreat. I gave some kibble to Peter to feed Romeo. "They say no eye contact," he said, looking away. My dog hunkered down and barked which he rarely does. "He's wagging!" I said.

If I don't give into receive-mode by reading and sinking into the slower energy I will have a more difficult time.

The second half of Autumn which began this week is always rough and it has the holidays mashed up in it. February and March I love. Now that I think of it I like half of every season.

No comments: