Friday, May 18, 2018

Lentil Soup

We didn't go grocery shopping for food last weekend. With exhaustion at the close of the day we average one Saturday shopping trip every 2 weeks. This was the "nothing in the house," week. So this morning while having my morning coffee I set up dinner in my instant pot.

I rinsed a pound of lentils and placed them in my pressure cooker with 2 chicken bullion cubes, lots of water, bloops of olive oil, 6-7 ribs of celery chopped, 4 freshly peeled garlic cloves, and I closed the lid and set it for 15 minutes. But before it came up to pressure, I opened it again and added a can of crushed tomatoes. After 15 minutes it was all cooked and tasted as if it had simmered all day.

I added another can of crushed tomatoes, a cup of cooked leftover brown rice, cumin parsley basil black pepper and oregano. I brought it up to boil again and then tasted it. It was fantastic. I stopped the cooking. I ate a bowl for breakfast with grated Romano cheese and then cooled it down for the fridge.

I call it gloup because it's thicker than soup.

No comments: