Saturday, February 29, 2020

Plate and Glass

On my big walk yesterday I found a beautiful dirty diner plate on the curb with a white plastic fork on it. I could tell it was a diner plate probably Buffalo or Syracuse China. I let it be as I was just starting my walk. Two hours later, on my way home I found a beer glass in the shrubs at the cemetery. It had white ink a silhouette of a blue heron Stony Creek Brewery painted on it. It was tipped over and filled with dirt. I picked it up and shook the dirt out and put it in my red vest pocket. As I neared home I passed the diner plate again and picked it up. When I came inside I immediately washed them with hot soapy water and added them to my collection. My husband is amused that I pick up stray animals, stray furniture, stray clothing and stray silverware. He was not surprised.

No comments: