Friday, December 25, 2020

Phoebe Martone

Since people are writing a lot about Christmas cookies, visions of cookies are floating in my head.

I've never been a cookie baker, so I usually buy high quality cookies when I can find them in the stores or bakery. I think I really should try to bake some. I love butter cookies and oatmeal cookies the best.
 
When I was a little kid, my mother tried to bake some chocolate cookies, and they burned. I can remember sitting on the floor on the linoleum, digging the dark cookies off a cooled-off cookie sheet and eating what I could salvage. I must have been 5 or 6 or 7.
 
Years later, whenever someone baked chocolate cookies, I was disappointed at the taste -- until, one day, somebody burned their chocolate cookies. Boy, those burned chocolate cookies tasted just right.

-Phoebe Martone

No comments: