Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Pool Ladies

Yesterday we stepped into the driveway to go to the pool at 6AM and we were surprised. We had forgotten the car was in the shop, so we turned around and went inside and I made toast.
"So you feel if you're late you might as well be really late?" my husband asked.
 "I feel like I need something in my belly before we walk."
 After toast Bill and Romeo walked me to the pool in the dark and abandoned downtown. We did see a few zombies.
 
When we arrived the girl at the front desk said, "I was worried!" The ladies in the pool said, "We were worried about you!" I told them that I forgot my car was in the shop,  and so I walked. Everybody thought that was hilarious.
 
Today Margo offered to pick me up at 5:45 since it was going to be 16 degrees out and windy. I accepted. At 5:30 I thought, "She'll be right on time I'd better be ready."  I gathered my swim bag and coat at the  door. At 5:44 I stepped onto the porch ready to go. She arrived at exactly 5:45, didn't see me up on the porch, and started to pull away. I came down the stairs and hailed her.

"Where were you?" she said. "I had to look up at the moon," I replied, which was true.
"Oh I love the moon, I talk to her," she said.
"Of course you do," I said, smiling in the dark as we drove away.

No comments: