Thursday, August 26, 2021

Nons Mshengu: Cher Belle

I started this blog when I was 19 years old as a creative outlet when I needed to claw out of a really bad space. I had no real intention of it being anything more than a space where I could write about my feelings, adventures and cute pictures. For a while, that’s all it really was but now I realize how many I could help with everything I have learned.

Cher Belle means Dear Beautiful. I crafted the name as the first affirmation to myself. To remind myself that I was beautiful, worthy and deserving. Since then, I have learned and understood the importance of affirmations and what having a positive dialogue with yourself can do for you.

When I was at my absolute lowest, unmotivated, detached and without purpose – this blog breathed life back into me. My only hope is that it can continue to be a space where you feel inspired, capable and filled with purpose.

I have been on a self love journey for years now and I finally feel I am firm on my feet with everything I have learned, which is why I want to share it with you. Healing from years of depression, trauma and general low self esteem has given me so many lessons. I have learned how to laugh, and truly mean it. I have also learned how to cry when need be and how to get up and try again. I have learned how to treat myself with tenderness and kindness and that I am my own best friend. However, most of all I have learned how to work on being a better person everyday and how to love myself intentionally.

Nons Mshengu,  

https://cherbelle.co/about-me/

No comments: