Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Storm Day

I promised my husband I'd make his favorite, pumpkin pie for his birthday. I wanted to make it last night.

"I bet school will be closed with this storm. I'm ready to stay up and make your pie!" I said. He laughed and we went to sleep at our normal time.

This morning after my early bird swim I discovered my husband home. "School was cancelled, no electricity for most of the state." he said greeting me at the door.

"I knew it! So now I can make your pumpkin pie."

Our boiler valve malfunctioned this morning and so we had to turn off the boiler until he could take it apart like he's done before.

While Bill took apart the valve I was reviewing my pumpkin pie recipe and getting started.

Bill fixed the valve and the pie was delicious. We hate half of it for lunch!

My insomniacs kitchen blog recipe here.

No comments: