Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Carrie Cantwell

I have a very low frustration tolerance. It’s no wonder I’m like a bull in the china shop of life when I’m in that state of mind. I often snap at people around me. It just feels like everyone talks and thinks too slowly. Everything seems like an obstacle I have to barrel past or run over in order to move forward.

My impatience comes out in all kinds of other ways too. I break zippers. I’ve ruined meals that required me to patiently follow a recipe. I’ve messed up IKEA furniture because I didn’t read the instructions. I have a scratch on my hand from yanking my arm out of the produce drawer in my fridge. I got frustrated because it took too long to maneuver some bulky broccoli out from between a bag of celery and bunch of carrots. I scraped the skin right off my knuckle. I injured myself, and it never quite healed. I now have a little scar to remind me that my impatience can be my undoing if I’m not cognizant of it.

No comments: