Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Music Love Bomb

Justin and I had our two saxes going on stage last night at an outdoor party in Attleboro. I love to be underneath Justin's higher-pitched notiness with big baritone bops and long tones. My sound supports his, and it makes me happy to play a role I musically understand. I was lit up, whoopin' and hollerin' into the mouthpiece, dancing while playing with full energy. My thighs and feet and arms felt electric. Chris joined us on trombone. Bill played Hammond organ, Steve was on drums, Mark Jr on bass. Then at eleven-thirty a local beefy cop (right out of central casting) came and broke up the music.

1 comment:

Rachel Nguyen said...

I am learning a little about playing with others now that I am taking drumming classes. I love the noise that we all create together... and it is an incredible thrill when our teacher plays through our beats. He works off of us as we play the heartbeat, weaving in and out of our slaps and tones and bass notes. Listening for his rhythms is trying to catch a glimpse of something in moonlight. You are not sure what you are seeing, but you know it is there....