Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25th

This scrubby, windy, sunny, bare-tree weather is perfect. I could walk a hundred miles. Any warmer and it's too hot for me! Today I walked towards the sunshine, going by the outdoor cafe tables at the coffee shop near Saint Ann's, and got to visit with Roland the former city dump manager and Don the former WWII park ranger. They both were hanging out. We talked about how great it would be if we could have a city dog park. Then I crossed the river on the footbridge and walked between the new twin middle schools over to the Rivers Edge Park. When I looked up I saw a huge sun dog in the sky. I pointed it out to a couple who were walking with their baby in a stroller and they were amazed. There was a huge rainbow arc below the sun. It was gone in a few minutes. At the canoe launch further on, Lily stepped into the river to cool off. On my way out of the park I met a Boston terrier who was adorable, with a black patch around his eye. He was very muscular and ran in circles around Lily, flirting. His ears flattened back every few seconds just like a horse. Sometimes I wonder if I could ever live in the country. I would miss walking everywhere in the chaos of the city, but I would most certainly adopt a Jersey cow.

No comments: