Friday, March 12, 2010

Dog Diary

There's a man I see at the park every day with his two forty-pound dogs orbiting him. Yesterday he had only one dog with him. I asked where the other dog was. He said he had to have her put to sleep. She had bladder cancer and the vet said she wouldn't last the week. I knew she wasn't long for this world. She was ancient. Her name was Pinky and she was all white with a pink nose.

Luscious Lily is sprawled at my feet patiently waiting for her walk. Yesterday she ran like a locomotive after two big geese standing in the fenced-in baseball field at Cass Park. They flew away just in time. She loves to eat goose poop and gets into a frenzy when she finds it. She stops being interested in chasing the ball and won't pay any attention to me. She goes into snack-hunting mode!

Lily looks so lovely whenever she sits next to Bill's banjo. I'm not sure why. I should make a photo portrait. Bill and I are both singing. We have a few songs to sing together for our next show in Ivoryton Connecticut at a Congregational church. We'll be playing music with five of our band mates, performing music of the Carter family. Bill will play banjo and I will play my red baby Hohner accordion in this show. For once we'll be traveling light

Have you ever been to the dog park in Sharon? It's in the woods. We took Lily there once. She was trying to get the dogs to run with her. All the dog owners stood around drinking coffee and talking while most of the dogs were standing around sniffing each other and not running.

No comments: