Saturday, March 13, 2010

Miniature

The other day I was wondering if there were such a thing as giant Schnauzers. There must be, but I had only heard of miniature Schnauzers. Of course I pictured them to be the size of King Kong stomping through the neighborhood and maybe that is why we never hear of them. It turns out there are giant Schnauzers and they can weigh 70 pounds! But why do dogs get bred into miniature? I can understand people wanting small dogs. I love Boston Terriers, they always make me laugh. Is a miniature Doberman vicious? Doesn't the high-pitched bark ruin any chances of serious intimidation? Do they play in fields of miniature corn? I had a neighbor, years ago, a rotund elderly man who walked his tiny long-haired black dog. You could never see the dog's face or determine where exactly its head was. The man looked like he was walking his wife's hairdo on a leash. I'd like a miniature cow about 75 pounds (the size of Lily), small enough to be an urban bovine, or maybe a miniature elephant. A miniature hippo or giraffe would be cool too.

No comments: