Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Brendan Behan

“It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody.”
― Brendan Behan, Brendan Behan, Interviews and Recollections

“They took away our land, our language, and our religion; but they could never harness our tongues...”
― Brendan Behan

“I respect kindness in human beings first of all, and kindness to animals. I don't respect the law; I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.”
― Brendan Behan

“I saw a sign that said 'Drink Canada Dry'. So I did.”
― Brendan Behan, The Complete Plays: The Hostage / The Quare Fellow / Richard's Cork Leg / Moving Out / A Garden Party / The Big House

“Ah, bless you, Sister, may all your sons be bishops.”
― Brendan Behan

No comments: