Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Windy and Cold

I was prepared for the walk home in the 16 degree weather with 40 mile an hour winds. I was wearing thermals and a double layer plus my hooded winter coat that Sharon gave me, with two scarves and mittens. I was lucky, the wind was behind me pushing me home.

I was glad to see Mike in a big heavy coat sheltered from the wind at the Castle Luncheonette.  "Nice coat!" I said.

"Thanks, I just got it!" he said. Poor Mike usually ditches his coat after a few days believing there are electronic devices planted in them, spying on him. Perhaps he's ahead of his time.

When I arrived home there were two guys dealing drugs on the corner. Spring is here!

After eating last nights dinner for breakfast, I made a quick sriracha marinade for five chicken breasts and bagged them individually and froze them. I'm beginning to think that those five packs for 8 dollars at PRICE RITE are the deal of the century. 

Meanwhile  last night I made turkey meatballs from 3 pounds of ground turkey has been great fun especially using my bread and fresh garlic and onions in them. I feel like could become a meatball factory.

Swimming miles makes me think about food. What will I cook today? Spaghetti with defrosted homemade sauce? Perhaps. With meatballs!!

No comments: