Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Buckets of Slaw

I was told by a wise person always pick the heavy cabbage and the heavy lemons because it means they are dense or juicy. Last week I picked a head of cabbage that was so heavy it cost five dollars. I had no idea it was that expensive until I got home and read the receipt. I promised my husband I'd make 10 dollars worth of coleslaw from a five dollar cabbage. And I just did. It filled two large buckets and it tastes delicious. There's enough to share with my neighbor.

Chopped cabbage, chopped onion, chopped celery, grated carrots

DRESSING: whisk Hellman's mayo with some lowfat buttermilk, then add your favorite mustard, salt, sugar and a splash of red wine vinegar and Sriracha!! Whisk some more and pour over the vegetable mixture. Stir, shake, refrigerate. ENJOY!

No comments: