Friday, July 23, 2021

Carrot Crazy

Lately I am wild over my pandemic purchase, a large Cuisinart. After 6 months of buyer's remorse, which happens to me anytime I buy anything, I got going on making salads and hummus. In fact I buy two of the five pound bags of carrots at Price Rite and use them each week!

 I make a carrot salad with freshly grated carrots, freshly squeezed lemons, sometimes I add canned pineapple (with the juice), walnuts or almonds (optional), raisins, freshly cut backyard basil, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt. It's fantastic!

We ate it with a couple of my homemade defrosted turkey meatballs drizzled with sriracha.

I also love to make coleslaw:

Recipe: chop a large head of green cabbage, grated carrots,  chopped celery, chopped red onion. In a small bowl whisk: Hellman's mayo+ low-fat buttermilk+ Italian red wine vinegar, mustard, and a tablespoon of salt + sugar. This is my dressing.

No comments: