Friday, February 25, 2022

Tiny Lasagna

Is there such thing as a tiny lasagna? Last night we had about 2 cups of homemade tomato sauce left and I found no boil lasagna noodles in my cupboard. I took an 8x8 Pyrex dish and sprayed it with oil and made a thin layer of sauce. Two rectangles of noodles fit on top perfectly. I repeated using up most of the sauce, placing two more rectangles of noodles and the last two tablespoons of sauce. Then I found four Monterey (Pepper) Jack slices in the freezer and placed them on top. I baked this in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. It was fantastic. 

This came out like authentic Italian lasagna. It was thin and delicate and delicious. The American style has become cheese heavy and gloppy. Both have their place.

This was so fast and delicious I am ready to make another batch of sauce for next time. I'd love to try making it again using my own fresh pasta sheets.

No comments: