Sunday, February 20, 2022

Today the dry air gave me a terrible headache.

Today the dry air gave me a terrible headache. After I took the medicine I knew it would begin to work if I took a long walk. So I set out for a trek to Harris Pond with my dog Romeo.

I ran into Peter and I invited him to walk with us. We ran into Marcel who needed help loading a gigantic brown Naugahyde couch into his pickup truck to drop at SAVERS. We lifted it. I spotted a pewter lamp on the grass. "You want it? It has no shade. Someone stopped and took the shade." 

"Thank you, I have a shade that needs a lamp," I said. Then Peter and Romeo and I kept walking in the sunshine. Peter stopped to rub his toes. They were cold and pink. He was wearing sandals with bare feet in the 30 degree February sunshine. "I have a striped sock in my pocket I can give it to you, I use it to carry  doggie bags," I said handing it to him, empty. He put it on. "That feels much better," he said wiggling his toes.

"I'm just sorry I don't have two!" I said. "This was fun!" We hugged saying goodbye walking in opposite directions to get home.

No comments: