Monday, August 08, 2022

Pink Thread by Lindsey Heatherly

Last week one of the patients in the acute female lodge was transferred to the long term care lodge. This morning I said hello and asked how she was doing. I know that sometimes these changes are difficult for them. I told her I liked her jacket, and she said she didn't. I asked her why, and she pulled two loose buttons out of her pocket. She said it wouldn't close right because the buttons were missing. I asked if she would like for me to fix it, and she said yes. I told her it might be a couple of days, but I would take it home if that was okay. I asked the volunteer services woman if she had any pink sewing thread. She said she would have to check. I called the nurse manager of the lodge to let her know that I borrowed the patient's jacket so that I could fix the buttons, just in case the patient later forgot and thought it was missing. The nurse manager said she had a sewing kit and offered it to me if I wanted to use it. I asked if she had pink thread, and she did! So I took it back to the pharmacy, added the buttons, and tightened the others. I returned it to her just a little while later.

  Lindsey Heatherly

No comments: