Saturday, August 27, 2022

Mae West's Breasts

I woke up at 1AM after going to bed at 6PM.  I came down into the kitchen and opened the two casement windows above the sink and I heard the sound of humans in the alley. Then I heard them climbing over the chain link gate. I immediately squatted down on the linoleum and thought "where's my phone!" I have thermal curtains over all of the windows but the presence of a person in the alley freaks me out. It's a concealed space that has been for over a century a sneaky passageway between the buildings and a favorite of people trying to hide, pee, and deal drugs.

I set up a dozen of my latest craze Italian seasoning (basil oregano parsley olive oil) rye corn wheat oat semolina sourdough rolls the size of Mae West's breasts. They are proofing. They smell amazing when slices are toasted for a tomato sandwich.

I turned up the radio, WCRB classical music, and was glad to hear Chris Voss on the graveyard shift.

5AM the breads have expanded in the oven just touching. Brushed with olive oil they baked to a golden color. Mae Wests Breasts after sunbathing at the nude beach.

No comments: