Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Jeans

After decades of finding jeans at the thrift store I decided it was time to buy a pair that really fit me. So my husband and I went to Kohl's and spent time trying to navigate all of the styles. I had no luck in the women's department. I am not build like them. It was the men's section where we started to find possibilities. 

I used to make fun of the assless full chested build I noticed among the older Jewish ladies on the boardwalk. I'd see them kibitzing with Grandma Sophie on Brighton Beach when I visited. About 15 years ago my ass vanished and migrated to my chest. Now here I am, narrow hips in boy jeans with a full top. I wear black tank tops and sweatshirts 365 days a year to downplay my bosom. It's all fine. It's genetics. And now finally my jeans fit.

No comments: