Thursday, June 22, 2023

Bill T. Jones

On my good days, I think I have no alternative but to have a forward momentum because I believe that art making is, well, let's say so without embarrassing myself or anyone, is a spiritual activity. And the culture right now is kind of confused. What is really worth doing and is not about making a buck? And what is that, beauty, building community, telling the truth, what have you? And all of those things make me excited when I meet young people who are art makers. And they seem not to have gotten the memo that the world is going down the toilet. They seem to think the world is just another place for them to act up their dreams, and I say amen.

So our place is about encouraging people to have faith in the future. And cynicism, I don't know if I feel it in my middle-aged bones. Cynicism is really a poison. The future tells us that we cannot afford to be cynical - skeptical maybe - but there's a hopefulness that I think beauty and art and meaning brings us, and I'm wild about that. Bill T. Jones source more


No comments: