Friday, June 23, 2023

Solo Swimmer in a New Land

I am a solo traveler.  People like to form tribes and pin me down.  I just pop over to a different time slot or visit another pool. I am enjoying pool hopping. Indoors, outdoors, warm, or cold, as long as it's water and I have my freedom to come and go, I am happy.

Swimming outdoors is fun. I wear tinted goggles to protect my eyes and I admire the clouds and sky. Children and their fathers mothers and grandmothers are everywhere. The splash park is next to the pool and it's sheer joy for the children. When the big yellow bucket empties they all get splashed and scream.

The lifeguards rotate every 15 minutes so they stay alert. I love this place! It's cozy and full of happy families. My 90 minute summer camp vacation. The locker rooms have piped in music which is hilarious to me. The bathing suit squeezer is silent. The only thing missing is access to ice cold water. I will bring a thermos.

No comments: