Monday, June 26, 2023

I truly despise groups. Tribal folks are like okay, you leave us, we'll have to kill you.

Swam in the outdoor pool from 3:30 to 4:30. BLISS. Lots of happy kids and I was the only lap swimmer!

The pool is open every day from 5:30 AM until 6 PM on weekends and 7 PM weekdays. I asked if the pool would be crowded for a 6:30 AM outside lap swim, and they said NOBODY uses it then. So I hope to! 

I swam last Friday & Saturday at my local pool in the morning. This had been my pandemic routine with a particular group of swimmers, but after the pandemic I began swimming at other times. Sure enough, the regular group were all there, as usual. It was sheer hell because they all want me back to rejoin their TRIBE from during the pandemic. Some of them were actually angry that I had moved on. They don't get it. I am neither tribal nor extroverted. I go my own way, preferably alone.

I truly despise groups. One person at a time please. Tribal folk are like okay, you leave us we'll we have to kill you.

The evolutionary brain favors introverts. Unfortunately many people choose not to evolve.

No comments: