Saturday, March 16, 2024

We are Not Machines (song)

Oct 20, 2020 “To offer this collaboration (across space and time!) with friends and family and mentors means the world to me: especially at this moment.. 'Let us all unite'! This song started in a dream I had a couple years ago a few weeks after watching a Charlie Chaplin movie. In the dream I walked into an empty, run-down warehouse to play a show. There was no one there. No crew. No one. There was no gear. No microphones. But, I remember I walked up and out to the middle of an old stage, looked out at the empty room and started singing. And I kept singing this phrase ‘we are not machines" over and over. Somehow, people started coming in the warehouse slowly, and then all of the sudden I was hearing voices singing with me. ‘We are not machines…we are not machines’. The warehouse filled up with people...in a blur…all kinds of people. Many people had umbrellas, and they kept opening them...and I realized it had started to rain in a little bit through the crumbling ceiling…but everyone just kept singing. And here we are still singing. And here I am still dreaming." - Pieta Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmTxfqopYBI

No comments: